Pitman Training - Training Centre Franchise
Franchisees are able to run their own training centre helping train private and business clients in IT and business management.Watch Video
- Send me information
- Finance requirements
- Initial Franchise Fee: £22,500 plus VAT
- Total Investment: £50,000 to £100,000 plus VAT
- Available areas
- The Pitman Training network covers the entire UK and extends into countries around the world. Network Size: 51-100 units
Transform lives with your own Training Centre
Start your own local centre with Pitman Training’s proven business model:
- 180+ year heritage and UK Business Superbrand for five years running
- Continually evolving to be at the forefront of educational trends
- Benefit from national marketing: e.g. ‘SuperAchievers’ campaign
- Bolster leads from head office with your own local marketing
- Circa 100+ training centres in the UK, Ireland and further afield
- Potential to grow your business with multi-centre expansion
Multiple income streams
Serve B2B and B2C markets with Pitman Training courses, and also use your training centre for hosting external exams (majority via PTG)
Empower people to change their future
Enjoy the reward of completely changing the trajectory of people’s lives, enabling them to achieve their goals
Unique, self-paced flexible study system
You won’t need teaching staff, students study through the ‘Pitman Campus’, your own virtual learning portal either in your centre or offsite
What does success look like?
It’s going to be hard work initially, as starting any successful small business is! However, once established your training centre should generate circa £250K - £350K* per annum with a gross profit of circa 75-80%. Franchisee earnings at this stage are typically between £60K - £90K+*, but it really depends on each centre owner’s approach and time spent working in their business. Some owners invest in more centres and a management team.
*Figures taken from top 20% of UK network for Q4 2017
“Before Pitman I worked mainly in financial services. I am now in control of my own destiny. I love what I do and have expanded to 3 locations.”
“I think people buy from people that they like and people that they trust. So, if you know your product and enjoy speaking to people then you will do really well.”
Martin Ladd OBE
Three Pitman Centres
“With every training course we sell we are looking at the bigger picture of that person’s life and we work with them to help them achieve their goals.”
“I trained with Pitman, then became a centre manager before going on to invest and buy the Dover Centre. If you are thinking of investing, just do it.”
Who will be my customers?
With our rapidly evolving world, self-development and training is becoming more and more essential. Your customers are often looking to gain a promotion or get back to work and could be self-funded, pay monthly (we provide access to external providers of student finance), or come via their business or a corporate account.
However they arrive to you, our flexible approach enables them to learn from home or study at your centre using a combination of market-leading audio guides, workbooks and live software. This ever-evolving suite of training materials and cutting-edge systems is part of your franchise package.
How much do I need to invest?
To start your training business requires a total investment of circa £60K - £100K depending on location/premises. High street lenders will offer up to 70% of this figure, subject to status. This also includes the franchise fee which is between £27.5K - £35K + VAT, depending on territory size.
The ongoing costs of owning your business within the Pitman Training network include access to the CRM and virtual learning portal, monthly management service fee, the national marketing fund, plus a contribution towards the cost for each lead you receive from head office. We will detail exactly what you get in return for your payments – the support structure having evolved over many years to help ensure centre owners have the highest chance of sustained success.
Accreditations from day one…
Gain accreditations for your new training centre from the day it opens:
To be successful with your own Pitman Training Centre you need to have:
- A desire to change people’s lives
- The ability to invest at least £25,000
- Excellent people skills and a sales focus
- The discipline to work hard to grow your business
- Sharpening and gaining skills with Pitman Training now in Cayman
- From Daybreak - Cayman 27. As Pitman Training opens in Cayman, Daybreak interviews the directors to find out what Pitman means to the Island.
- Derek Smith
- Derek Smith has been a Master Franchise Partner for Southern Ireland since 2002:Here he explains what it is, he feels, that makes a Pitman Training Franchise so attractive to so many people. “Pitman Training is a strong brand. This undoubtedly adds weight when a potential franchisee is looking at ...
- Keith & Shilpa Wymer
- Keith & Shilpa Wymer own Pitman Training Centres in locations in both the North and South of the UK. Here they share how they have managed to sustain healthy, growing businesses thanks to clear structure and growth plans. “We are very focused in our business approach, and we really believe in h...
- Martin Ladd OBE
- Martin Ladd OBE is an owner of 3 Pitman Training Franchises. Hear how he really believes The Pitman Advantage is what’s helping him beat the recession. “There is no doubt times are still tough, and whatever industry you’re in, getting customers to part with their money is hard. However there are a...
- Pitman Training Invest in New Technologies for Franchisees and Students
- 27 May 2016
- Pitman Training are delighted to announce the launch of their fresh, bespoke online learning platform, Pitman Campus due later this year. Following extensive research and investment, the UK Business Superbrand™ is extremely pleased with the features and functionality of Pitman Campus and are proud...
- Pitman Training Voted a UK Business Superbrand™ for the 4th Consecutive Year
- 25 February 2016
- Following the great news earlier this week that the results for the 2016 Superbrands® have been released, we are overjoyed to announce we have kept our Business Superbrands® status for the fourth year in a row. Through the analysis of opinions of thousands of customers, professionals and experts i...
- Manchester Acquisition Secures Northern Powerhouse Base For Global Trade & Investment
- 27 November 2015
- A leading business, based in Manchester city centre, has changed hands as part of a regional acquisition strategy which will open doors for further global expansion and trade, combining forces under the Northern Powerhouse umbrella, in the field of education and employment. Pitman Training was inv...
- New Market Opens For FE Sector
- 16 November 2015
- Pitman Training launches Further Education opportunity to increase commercial and funded learning streams. As FE colleges await details of the government’s spending review, British independent training provider, Pitman Training, has highlighted an opportunity which will reach both commercial and f...
- Pitman Training Celebrates Further International Expansion As New Franchise Partner Joins In Gibraltar
- 09 November 2015
- The UK’s leading franchised training provider, Pitman Training Group, is thrilled to announce the continued expansion of their franchisee network, as the Superbrand™ opened the doors to its new training centre in Gibraltar, November 2nd Following the success of recent international expansions, the...
- Great British Brand excited that doors open for British Education in Malaysia
- 21 September 2015
- Pitman Training supports David Cameron in 'The Great Year of Education' As discussions continue between the Northern Powerhouse and Malaysian government, the 178 year old British training provider, Pitman Training Group has announced its ongoing support and involvement with 'The Great Year of Educ...
- Pitman Training Launches ‘Owned Centre’ as Test Base to Maximise Further Growth for Franchise Network
- 21 April 2015
- Pitman Training Group, the UK’s leading franchised training provider has launched an ‘owned centre’ in the city of Leeds to use as a test base to trial new business ideas, operations and developments, and in turn maximise the success and business growth of the existing franchise network, by making m...
- UK Training Provider Launches in Cayman Islands, with supporting Marketing Activity Securing Record Number of Students within First Opening Days.
- 23 March 2015
- UK based training provider, Pitman Training is celebrating further growth and international expansion, welcoming new partners in the Cayman Islands to their franchise network, in a bid to help deliver the work ready skills businesses are now demanding in the Caribbean, and is already proving to b...
- Pitman Training Marketing Team wins Award
- 17 March 2015
- The marketing team of the UK’s leading franchised training provider, Pitman Training, has won the award for best ‘In-House Team of the Year, yesterday evening at the PR Moment Awards 2015. Facing stiff competition in the category from the two other shortlisted companies, Greater Manchester Police...
- Pitman Training wins award for National Campaign
- 21 October 2014
- The UK’s leading franchised training provider, Pitman Training won the award for the best Low Budget Campaign of the Year, last week in the Northern Marketing Awards 2014. Facing stiff competition in the category from other shortlisted companies, including Aldi, Pitman Training picked up the awar...
- Pitman Training Group Gets Into Gear
- 28 August 2013
- 3 new Appointments and 10 new Franchise Partners in just 6 months As Pitman Training Group marks the 176th Anniversary of the leading, independent training brand, it has showcased the franchise model as a prosperous legacy, announcing the appointment of not only 3 integral members of the HQ franch...